Friday, August 10, 2012

Hmmm

This morning I ordered a couple of Cd's from Amazon (Chris Tomlin's and if our God is for us & David Crowder Band's give us rest)

During the checkout procedure I was presented with an option I had not seen before - by simply pressing a button I could immediately let all of my face book friends (or in my case Marion's friends who follow her on my face book) know that I had just purchased the two Cd's.

I also could have twittered the information if I was a twitterer :)

Really ??

Are people out there so bored they need to know what other people are buying on Amazon ??

Or are there folk out there that lead such interesting lives and are on the cutting edge of things that people want to know what they have purchased ??

I can't imagine anyone, other than Marion who gets to listen to the Cd's & pay for them, being interested enough to have to be immediately notified.

Now I could see it if David Crowder, Chris Tomlin or their record companies received some type of notification that I had just purchased their product - its money in their pockets but you folks out there can wait until it comes up in conversation or you hear them playing if you happen to visit.



2 comments:

chRistine said...

it's part of global connectivity - if i knew you got a cd i liked, then i could just copy or borrow yours instead of buying it myself. or, i could be like "wow.. dad bought this.. it MUST BE COOL and buy it immediately".

having said that, i would follow what alex buys, he's got terrific taste in music.

but yeah.. everything is connected to facebook and twitter now.

Anonymous said...

Hahahah, well you forgot to tell me when you did purchase it. If you had connected to FB I would have known sooner lol