Saturday, February 25, 2012

Small Group

We finally finished our small group using Francis Chan's "Crazy Love".

Along with the usual group problems - some people don't talk at all while others talk too much - this was a challenging group to lead because no one, except me, liked the book or was challenged by it.

I don't think a single person actually sat down & read the book through. !! It seemed most of them just skimmed through the chapter we were to look at that night.

I think they thought they were going to a group where we would watch a video based on a chapter then discuss what we had watched. Actually reading & thinking about the book was not what they had  signed up for.

1 comment:

chRistine said...

*sigh* that's too bad. I really liked that book - not the point that some other people liked it - but I thought it was insightful.